Ring in 2020 with a bustling countdown celebration lined up with exciting activities for all from day to night! Here’s how you can celebrate New Year Eve in Singapore.
Build a Dream Light Projections
From 26 to 31 December 2019, be treated to a nightly visual spectacle as the three iconic facades of The Fullerton Hotel Singapore, ArtScience Museum and the Merlion; adorned with colourful and dazzling light projections reflecting the hopes and dreams of our community. These projections are adapted from some 50 artworks by over 40 individuals from four social service organisations and showcase the artists’ aspirations for the future.
- The Fullerton Hotel between 8pm and 10.30pm (15-min interval) from 29 to 30 December, and between 8pm and 11.30pm on 31 December.
- The Merlion between 8pm and 10.30pm (15-min interval) from 29 to 30 December, and between 8pm and 11.30pm on 31 December.
- The ArtScience Museum between 8.15pm and 10.30pm from 29 to 31 December.
Fireworks in the City
Merrymakers around the bay will be able to watch the stunning eight-minute long fireworks display at Marina Bay; the main highlight to usher in the New Year.
Come early to grab your spot at these 8 recommended vantage locations.
Activities around Marina Bay and the Civic District
Marina Bay and the Civic District are set to come alive with countdown celebrations from as early as 1pm on 31 December 2019!
- Kicking off the celebrations is the Voice of My Generation (VOMG) Rock Band NYE Party at the Singapore Flyer waterfront promenade.
- At 4pm, Connaught Drive will be transformed into a pets’ carnival where pet lovers can bring along their furry loved ones to ring in the New Year together at Unwind @ Civic District: Pets Pawty.
- Grab some bites, mingle and party can head to Unwind @ Civic District: Eats & Beats where a variety of food and drink options, including pop-up bars, will be available at the Empress Lawn from 4pm.
- A special New Year’s Eve performance at The Great Circus of Europe, presented by Uncle Ringo
- From 5pm onwards, families can also enjoy an array of activities such as bouncy castles, arts and crafts booths, roving performances and magic shows at Starlight @ The Lawn.
- Let’s Celebrate 2020 countdown concert from 7pm or groove to an evening of live performances at Esplanade Presents: Come Together.
- Get your ticket to STAR ISLAND SINGAPORE COUNTDOWN EDITION 2019-2020 and be awed by its 90-minute fireworks musical show titled 2019: A SPACE ODYSSEY.
Hotels to catch New Year Fireworks
Want to avoid the crowd? Book a hotel near the Marina Bay area to catch the fireworks at the comfort of your room! You can expect a surge in the room pricing during this period and the cheapest room rate starts from SGD 500++.
Marina Bay Sands Singapore
No doubt, Marina Bay Sands Singapore hotel offers the best scenic view of Marina Bay. Rooms at MBS may cost at least SGD 1000++ per night during the NYE period. Remember to book a room facing the city instead of the gardens.
Swissotel the Stamford
The tallest hotel in Singapore, Swissotel the Stamford beautifully appointed guestrooms and suites with private balconies provide the best breathtaking views of Marina Bay.
JW Marriott Hotel Singapore South Beach
Its prime location makes JW Marriott Hotel Singapore South Beach a great escapade. Premier Marina Bay View room offers unobstructed view of Padang and its surroundings is a popular room category to catch fireworks.
Review: JW Marriott Hotel Singapore South Beach – Premier Marina Bay View
Pan Pacific Singapore Hotel
Pan Pacific Singapore Hotel is an award winning hotel situated in Singapore City Centre. With 38 floors and 790 modern rooms, this property is the tallest among the hotels within the area. Rooms with private balcony offers stunning view of Marina Bay.
Novotel Singapore Clark Quay
Situated along the Singapore River is Novotel Singapore Clarke Quay. Book the Bay View room to enjoy splendid views of Marina Bay.
Great post :)